[thelist] industry-standard browser width?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Wed Aug 14 20:43:01 CDT 2002

At 11:40 AM 8/14/2002 -0400, you wrote:
 > What is the generally accepted standard width when
 > designing for 800x600 screen resolutions? I've seen
 > 778x409 (which seems on the short side) and am wondering
 > how much leeway, esp. heightwise, there is.

When I'm leading a team, the mantra is this "Must look good from 620px wide
and up.) (620= 640(a typical 14in monitor minus all the scroll bars and UI
chrome))

The trick is to make it function perfectly and look good at any resolution-
providing that this is for the computer/web. Web TV, PDAs ect... will have
differing specs.

Frank Marion
framar at interlog.com