[thelist] A Better Windows Email Client

Kathleen Heytink K_HEYTINK at winebow.com
Thu Aug 15 10:06:00 CDT 2002

I find it very easy to use.  I just type what I want in the create signature
box, name it then chose the one I want to use from the drop down box.  Much
easier than Outlook IMO.  I'm forced to use Outlook at work, so I've used
both.

> That it may, but it can't handle the volume of email that
> outlook can.

I've had it handle a few hundred e-mails per day.  Brings them, in sorts
them out, lets me me know which mailboxes have mail.  Couldn't ask for more.

> i find this aspect of eudora very difficult to use.  i like
> having the attachments with the message. i don't have to
> look at a folder full of attachments and try to figure out
> which email message a particular attachment belongs to.

Attachments are still with the message.  When I'm reading the message, I can
just click on the attached file icon and the appropriate program opens -
just like in Outlook.

> i dislike that attachment names are changed or a file by the
> same name is overwritten (can't recall which happens) if
> another file by the same name is already in the attachments
> directory.

I've never had a file name changed by Eudora.  If I get a second attachment
with the same name, Eudora adds a 1 or a 2 to differentiate and not
overwrite.  That's the only change.

Not trying to get you to change your e-mail client, but others who might
want to consider Eudora as an alternative should know the facts from a long
time and very satisfied user.

-- Kath Heytink
Web Designer
Winebow, Inc