[thelist] PayPal with Local Database

Ben Phillips ben at inchima.com
Thu Aug 15 11:38:00 CDT 2002

> If you dig around the developer area there are some PDFs on
> the PayPal site which give more info - - IMO the biggest
> problem with the PayPal integration was the lack of a test
> server to test my scripts i.e. to test your scripts you need
> to get your credit card out and make some real payments :( As
> a result, I had to set up some emulation scripts to mimic
> PayPal which is not exactly ideal.

i agree that this is a terrible decision by paypal not to provide
testing servers. however, i think they may have done it purposely, for
testing we had to actually make genuine payments. of course, these could
be refunded, but by then paypal had already creamed off their
transaction fees.

call me cynical...

benji.