[thelist] (OT) Looking for info on units of measurement

Mark Howells webdev at mountain.ch
Fri Aug 16 06:36:01 CDT 2002

> BTW, on re-reading the originating email, I think the goal might of been a
> site
> with a list of units by country, i.e. USA uses the imperial system, Canada
> uses
> metric, etc., rather than a list of all possible units without any division by
> where they might be used.

Thanks to everyone for the conversion suggestions, but the above is correct.
We have a project here is Switzerland, where the client thinks it's a waste
of time including distance details in miles because "nobody uses miles
anymore". I'm trying to find out how true that is, on an international basis
(primarily for Japan, US, Canada, India, UK and Europe).

Regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/evl/>