[thelist] Discussing XHTML and ROI with your "boss"

Mark Howells webdev at mountain.ch
Fri Aug 16 07:08:00 CDT 2002

> I bet that your app will break in the next few years due to using tables
> for layout and font tags for presentation.

A good test for whether your table-based layout "works" or not is to print a
copy of the page directly from the browser. Many -- though by no means all
-- table-based layouts don't print correctly, due to hard-coded pixel-based
dimensions that exceed the standard page width of an A4 printer.

Regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/evl/>