[thelist] Usability Ideas/Suggestions

Mark Gallagher mark at cyberfuddle.com
Fri Aug 16 07:54:01 CDT 2002

Lachlan Cannon wrote:
> Mark Gallagher wrote:
>
>>> I was thinking the same thing. :)
>>>
>>> The problem I'd see though, is how do you specify parent/child page
>>> relationships in HTML? Go from a page deep in Windows to a page deep in
>>> Office in one click, how does the tree know that the Office page is five
>>> levels down in the Office section?
>>
>> <link rel="parent" href="foo.html" type="text/html">
>> <link rev="child" href="bar.html" type="text/html">
>>
>> Rinse, repeat :-)
>
> Actually, I've always thought rev was kind of useless. Is there
> *anything* you can say with rev that can't be said with rel?

No, but anything you would say with rev that you're now saying with rel
must be said from another page.

I can't really see any practical uses for rev (who needs links pointing
*towards* the page you're reading?), but it *is* different to rel.

> Web: http://illuminosity.net/

Oooh, domain-enhanced!

--
Mark Gallagher
Desperately attempting - and failing - to stay on topic since 1999