[thelist] Re: 2 CSS Questions

Tim Luoma luomat at peak.org
Fri Aug 16 13:25:01 CDT 2002

Brian W. Reaves wrote:

> DIV.mail td p {
> background: #fff !important;
> color: #000 !important;
> font-size: 12pt !important;
> font-family: verdana, helvetica,  arial, "sans serif";
> padding: 10px !important;

((I'm assuming this is NOT a print-only style sheet))

Care to explain WHY your font size HAS to be fixed at 12pt?

'pt' is an essentially meaningless unit of measurement on a computer
screen. ... it will be MUCH smaller on Macs   .... and that it is NOT
resizable in Internet Explorer... And you're marking it !important?

At least mark it as 12px (which still is inaccessible and not resizable
in IE, iirc)

Preferably mark it as 1em (heck even .9em)

Consider marking it as 'medium' or even 'small'

Just some thoughts...

TjL

--

Want to know how we can stop sports teams from going on strike?
Read http://www.tntluoma.com/notes/000041.php