[thelist] site review: http://spinhead.com/new

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Fri Aug 16 23:48:01 CDT 2002

Joel Canfield wrote:

>Here are my priorities:
>1. Function - if it's broken, that's critical
>2. Content - spelling, grammar, coherence, professionalism, etc.

The design looks great.  The only problem I see is the varying designs
used throughout the site.  It is odd that some have the ying-yang thingy
in the centre of the page, others don't.

>3. Usability - navigation, readibility, download time, page dimensions
>onscreen

It downloaded pretty quickly on my cable connection, don't know if that
is of any use. :)

The navigation takes a bit of thought to work out.  I like the idea of
having the common links at the top of the individual pages.  However,
the use of the inverted images as links just confuses the matter.

>4. Accessibility - for the life of me I can't figure out Lynx, although I
>used to use it. But with graphics turned off in Opera and no mouse, it seems
>to function. Further analysis and feedback welcome.
>5. Look and feel

It might be worth moving the w3c logos from the bottom of the home page.
 As I find lost of my users are more in favour of navigating to the
specific parts of a site rather than reading a homepage, it might be
worth mving them to the top of the page.  This way they get noticed by
everyone who comes to your site.

--
Michael Pemberton
mpember at phreaker.net