[thelist] Headlines from evolt.org for 18-AUG-02

Headlines headlines at lists.evolt.org
Mon Aug 19 00:11:00 CDT 2002

evolt.org headlines for 18-AUG-02

Hi evolters!

We have some fresh content on evolt.org today, contributed by our
members. Learn something new or review the perspective of someone
else:

Reviews & Links: 'Envisioning Information' by Edward Tufte (Author: mantruc)
http://www.evolt.org/article/headline/12/36074/index.html

The central problem of this study is presented in the first paragraph
of the	 introduction:
The world is complex, dynamic, multidimensional; the paper is static,
flat.
How are we to represent the rich visual world of experience and
measurement on mere flatland?

Visual Design: The Good, Bad and Downright Ugly of Flash Email (Author: FDG_Tom)
http://www.evolt.org/article/headline/22/36793/index.html

Send Rich Media, Streaming or Flash Email may be all the rage with
Marketers and Advertisers alike. But is it as effective as all of the
folks trying to sell you on it say it is? Read on for some tips
concerning what you should know before you try to send Flash & other
Rich Media Email.

Jobs: Freelance ASP Developer (Author: pierrej)
http://www.evolt.org/article/headline/23/36650/index.html

Dog Star Infosystems, a Kansas City company, needs an ASP developer
for a database-driven Web site and Web-enabled application project.
If you know Microsoft's .net as well, we'll give you preference.

Authors really appreciate feedback from their peers; you can leave a
comment and rate articles by logging into the evolt.org web site.

Happy reading!

evolt.org