[thelist] css error?

James Aylard evolt at pixelwright.com
Mon Aug 19 17:05:00 CDT 2002

Tom,

> "Property z-index (or whichever) does not exist in this definition."
>
> These are certaily valid styles, why is this an error? Can you not do
> this to a ID?

    These are all perfectly valid styles to apply to an ID (or any other
selector). The problem must be with the style definition that you have
selected. Using TopStyle 2.1, I believe you determine the definition within
the Style Inspector. It must be that you have some very limited definition
selected (such as CSS Level 1 or Internet Explorer 3, for instance). That
would be my guess.

James Aylard