[thelist] NN4.08/Mac limit on <OPTION>s?

Howard Cheng howcheng at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 20 16:26:01 CDT 2002

I'm not sure what you mean by that because all ASP.NET is doing is
converting the <asp:DropDownList> server control to a <select> box with a
number of options, BEFORE the content is sent to the browser. In other
words, the browser gets:

<select name="fromStateList" id="fromStateList">
<option value="">State</option>
<option value="AK">AK</option>
etc
</select>

No funky HTML in there, or any other "new technologies". Besides, a browser
would never support Perl either, as that is a server-side scripting language.

At 03:07 PM 8/20/2002 -0600, Kid Stevens wrote:
>Drop down menus worked with country lists back in NS4.01 Mac  What
>the browser does not support is new technologies beyond javascript
>and PERL usually.

Howard Cheng
howcheng at ix.netcom.com
AIM: bennyphoebe