[thelist] Nested Queries

Feingold Josh S Josh.S.Feingold at irs.gov
Wed Aug 21 09:17:12 CDT 2002

I have an email application that allows people to send emails to people by
selecting the group that they want.  Each group can be made up of other
groups.

Each group has a row in a database which has a field for the group name, the
individual emails, and the groups that are included in that group.

When the user sends an email I need to do a query on the database for the
main group, followed by the groups that are included in the main group.
Then I need to query on any children groups of those included in the main
group and on and on.

I am trying to script a loop that will do this, but am having trouble.  If
anyone can assist, I would be appreciative.  ASP is best, but I will take
what I can get and extrapolate from there.

Thanks,
Josh