[thelist] Multiple Form Actions, One Button?

James Aylard evolt at pixelwright.com
Wed Aug 21 16:51:01 CDT 2002

Stephen and Tom,

> > I'm looking to have a form that, when filled out and the submit
> > button is
> > pressed, performs two actions:
>
> You could write a function that fires off on the onSubmit event of
> the form, that takes care of the two functions, for example:

    This really _should_ be done on the server, not on the client. A
server-side technology, such as ASP (or one of the many others), can
generate an email (or write to a database) and return results to the user
all within the single page specified in the form's action attribute. Whether
and how this can be done depends on the configuration of your particular
server, and for that you will need to check with your web host or server
admin. Once you know which technologies and languages you have to work with,
you can post specific questions to the list, and someone here will likely
know the answer or know where to point you to find it.

James Aylard