[thelist] Multiple Form Actions, One Button?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 16:59:00 CDT 2002

-- James Aylard <evolt at pixelwright.com> wrote:
> Stephen and Tom,

>     This really _should_ be done on the server, not on the client.
> server-side technology, such as ASP (or one of the many others),
> can
> generate an email (or write to a database) and return results to
> the user
> all within the single page specified in the form's action
> attribute.

Yeah - I should have been more specific. I really should have said
the second function sent the email via ASP/PHP etc. I simply assumed
he was talking about using a server side lang.

Really, all you need to do is submit the form to a "processing" page.
Have that page handle what you want. It can both send data to the
user back to the browser AND then, send off your mail using CDONTS or
something similar (if ASP).

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();