[thelist] JavaScript: Link between frames with a form

Susan Wallace susanhw at webcastle.com
Thu Aug 22 10:56:01 CDT 2002

Not being familiar enough with JavaScript, I don't know where to start to
work on this functionality:

I have two frames

FrameA
FrameB

Frame A contains a form with a field named ItemList

Frame B contains Links (a href=) that will have a specific value (i.e.
DocID=13)

What I would like to do is this:

When a link in Frame B is clicked, the DocID is appended to the contents of
the form field ItemList in Frame A

Where do I start?

I searched for various things in Google, but searching JavaScript is too
broad, and I don't find anything obvious when I try to narrow it down. Is
there a specific part of a document that I need to search for?

Thanks!
Susan Wallace