[thelist] Need ieMac javascript help

Liorean Liorean at user.bip.net
Thu Aug 22 13:03:01 CDT 2002

Hello evolters!

I've created a bookmarklet that dissects the stylesheets included on a page
(both embedded and imported) and displays them, hierarchically and with
http headers, a link to open them, whether they are active or not, their
title etc.

It uses ActiveXObject("XMLHTTP") in ieWin and XMLHTTPRequest() in moz to
load the unmodified stylesheet files. ieMac (to my knowledge) lacks both of
those interfaces, and thus it needs to be coded around.

As I have no access to a mac, I need help with coding this. If you are
interested, mail me.
Even if you aren't interested in coding it, but have an idea about how to
do it in ieMac, mail me.

If you want to see how it looks currently:
<http://members.evolt.org/liorean/viewstyles.html> - Bookmarklet page
<http://members.evolt.org/liorean/viewstyles.css> - CSS used for the
display popup
<http://members.evolt.org/liorean/viewstyles.js> - Compact source (as used
by the bookmarklet)
<http://members.evolt.org/liorean/viewstyles-c.js> - Commented source (as
used for development and tracking bugs)
<http://members.evolt.org/liorean/custom%20bookmarklet.js> - Source for
bookmarklet link (What I used to develop the new ieMac enabled loader for
external javascript files)

TIA,
// Liorean