[thelist] CSS lists line height

James Aylard evolt at pixelwright.com
Thu Aug 22 13:18:21 CDT 2002

David (and rudy),

> Erika, do what rudy said. While my point will work it's not semantically
> "right", i.e. it's just sloppy.

    Not so fast. Applying a margin to a list item element (<li>) is not
"sloppy", IMO, nor is it semantically wrong. It's a perfectly good use of
CSS that rudy happens to personally dislike (simply as a matter of taste, as
far as I can tell). If you are placing paragraphs within your list items, by
all means use a <p> element. But if you simply want to expand vertical
spacing on the list item, which seemed to be Erika's intent, apply an
increased margin using CSS. Unless there is a problem with browser
implementation of which I am unaware, using CSS in this instance is an
excellent option.

James Aylard