[thelist] Copying files to floppy in Red Hat Linux 5.2

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Aug 22 15:58:00 CDT 2002

At 12:58 PM 8/22/2002, Minh Lee Goon wrote:
>Can someone at evolt help me copy some files from Linux 5.2 to floppy? I
>can't use mcopy because that command is not recognized. I'd really
>appreciate it. Thanks.

Have you mounted the floppy???

as root:

mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

(make sure that /mnt/floppy exists as a directory)

Then you can copy files like this:

mkdir /mnt/floppy/html
cp *.html /mnt/floppy/html

You can also mount the floppy as a DOS partition, the default is the native
file system (ext2). I haven't done this in quite a while but it's something
like this:

Put in a DOS formatted floppy.

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

Hope that helps.