[thelist] CSS lists line height

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 22 22:42:01 CDT 2002

> From: Erika Meyer <emeyer at lclark.edu>
[...]
> Since both suggestions given to me were valid (as I understand)
> markup, I elected to go with "padding" the li's.  I could have easily
> done paragraphs, but I'd already added some br's (which are probably
> sloppier than p's but it was already done) so the padding was just a
> matter of a line in the stylesheet.
>
> As I mentioned, I used @ import & the HTML is hackey for Navigator 4.
>
> This is the page in question:
> http://www.clubsatyricon.com/fellini/menu.html

ahh... now that i see the page, i'm left wondering if bullet lists
are the way to go after all...

is there a way you can justify a <dl>?

<dl>
 <dt>Grilled Tombo Tuna... $10</dt>
 <dd>with tempura vegetables & avocado sauce served over a bed of
jasmine rice.</dd>
</dl>

which will display as a hanging-indent-looking thing, and it splits
the menu item from its description pretty nicely (and semantically)
instead of a <br>...

and then you can go through the CSS of adding padding to the bottom
of the <dd> (not the <dt>)...

lemme know what you think...

--
Read the evolt.org case study