[thelist] A form that results in a POST

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Sat Aug 24 07:55:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Embler" <andrew at electricstate.com>
Subject: [thelist] A form that results in a POST

> What I want to do is this: I want the initial form to post the additional
> information, the php script to process it, and then the page to reload.
> However, at that point, I want the page to think it hasn't been generated
> by a post. Any way to do this?

I don't know lick about PHP, but the basic concept you want to look for is a
way to do a relocation.  In cold fusion it's <cflocation>, is ASP it's
Response.Redirect... in PHP... try:

header("Location: example.php");

(I got that info from
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/9844/fid/51)

After you're done doing the "calendar" processing, such as the database
inserts, file writes, etc, redirect the person (from within the PHP code) to
another page.  Your problem will probably be fixed by this.

HTH,

-joshua