[thelist] XHTML: Form inputs won't validate?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Sun Aug 25 07:21:01 CDT 2002

Please check out (and watch the wrap). This is a
link to the w3c validator. It keeps telling me that my
inputs don't validate.

> Error:  element "input" not allowed here; possible cause
> is an inline element containing a block-level element

This form has no other elements in it other than inputs of
various sorts. No tables, nothing else but 'pure form'.

I sure would appreciate it if someone could offer some
clarity on this issue. As far as I can tell, the 1.0 specs
don't even make mention of form inputs.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.frankmarion.com&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline

Stumpedly yours,

--