[thelist] Graphics: Protecting Original Photography

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Sun Aug 25 15:30:00 CDT 2002

I've got a lot of pictures I want to put online, but I want to stop
people from stealing them as well.

Short of steganography (or is that a viable option?), how can I protect
my pictures? Watermarks seem to detract from the quality of the image,
and adding a copyright on top of the picture is just ugly more often
than not.

It's not that I'm against watermarking or adding text, but I guess I've
never seen it done right. What I'd love to find is invisible
watermarking.

--Ken