[thelist] XHTML and onscroll

Nik Schramm n at industriality.com
Mon Aug 26 08:49:01 CDT 2002

On 26.Aug.02 15:55 Hershel Robinson wrote

> The problem is, I do not want this to happen.  I don't expect that users
> will perform this action very often, but even so I certainly want to
> safeguard against it.

Hi Hershel,

Here's a half-educated guess: your frame is probably scrolling because
you have block content (in this case a form tag) after the table. Note,
how it only scrolls a certain bit, before stopping all by itself in,
say, Mozilla.

You could try one of several options:

1. Move the form tag elsewhere, such as above the table.

2. Use CSS to set the margins of the table and form tags, so it doesn't
show up. Even a display: none might work.

3. Finally, if you are keen on using onscroll with XHTML, be aware that
onscroll is a javascript event, not an html attribute. XHTML stipulates,
that js source should either go in an external .js file or in a <script>
tag that is properly declared as CDATA. You could define the onscroll
event in there and your page will validate just fine.

Hope this was of some help

--
/nik