[thelist] content development (project profiles)

Adam adam at hallinteractive.com
Mon Aug 26 10:15:01 CDT 2002

hey all
I'm building a new site for myself and have decided to include detailed
profiles on some of the more impressive(I hope) projects I've done. The snag
is these profiles are turning out to be novels. Does anyone have links to
well written project profiles from a web design/devolpment angle?
I do have audience goals and specific tasks for each profile but I'd still
like to read other profiles to help me guage my own success. I'm also using
this book to help which some of you may find useful:
http://www.writing.co.nz/web/wiz.htm

any links would be appreciated.

thx.
Adam

<tip type="css and IE 6" author="Adam">
Using this method to call a style sheet is successfully ignored in some
legacy browsers :

however...

In IE6 the HTML is downloaded/displayed first AND THEN the css is
downloaded/displayed causing a very annoying flicker when moving through the
pages.

When not using a serverside sniff and serve I use the traditional:
<link href="styles.css" rel="styleSheet" type="text/css">
</tip>