[thelist] CSS Layouts

lon.kraemer lwkraemer at directvinternet.com
Mon Aug 26 14:53:01 CDT 2002

Kevin,

> I now have a "centrebox, leftcol, and rightcol"
> arrangement, plus an alternate "sidebar" class where I can add
marginal
> comments to the area on the left.  (I plan to go back and add a credit
> comment for that CSS before I turn it live!)

> I've got a sample up with the css inlined so it's visible to "show
> source."  Comments solicited:
>
> http://brasscannon.net/test.html

I see only two columns and three patches of vertical color (tan, white,
grey). Frankly, I can't make sense of your CSS. When this happens, I
automatically run the page through a HTML validator since many CSS
problems are virtually impossible to debug on a page where the HTML does
not validate. Unfortunately, this page is a validation nightmare.

Perhaps if you got the page to the point where the HTML validates, we
might be able to assist with your CSS questions.