[thelist] Password protection on NT

Cleo TB1124 nparrot at pair.com
Tue Aug 27 07:31:14 CDT 2002

Hi list'ers

A client of mine wants to install some password protection on parts of her
website. Our host has agreed to install a ready-made solution, if we find
one that fits our needs.

I've taken a look at IISProtect and AuthentiX, but neither seem to fit the
bill. What's missing is better control at the group level.  For example,
both solutions allow each user a limited number of concurrent connections, a
download quota, and an expiration date.  We would need those at the group
level.

Our application targets families, and we want each family to have an
expiration date on their subscription, not each member. Same with the
concurrent connections. If a family pays for one concurrent connection, we
don't want Dad on a computer, and Sonny on the neighbour's puter to be able
to log in. So concurrent connections should be limited at the group level,
not the individual.

Does anyone know of such a beast out there? I couldn't find any.

Nicole