[thelist] Site Check Please

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Tue Aug 27 07:40:01 CDT 2002

My first suggestion would be to learn css. Your site took 20 seconds to
load on my computer and I have a cable modem, this could be because of
the server that it is running on, but it could also be a rendering
problem. You have a combination of tables - a lot of them - and divs all
combined with the deprecated center tag. To make the page load faster,
clean up the html, remove all font tags and use css and use either
tables or divs for layout, and do not use the center tag.

I tried to run your homepage through the w3c validator and you do not
even have a doctype declaration. Therefore the page could not even be
validated. This is one thing that needs to be fixed. Create a page that
validates and it should load faster.

For what the site seems to be, the layout is not that bad, although I
never did get to anything that resmebled usefull information, it seems
to be nothing but links.

//chris