[thelist] UI: i find myself saying "click here" a lot.

Dave Nelson dnelson at netbank.com
Tue Aug 27 12:28:00 CDT 2002

Joshua Olson wrote:

> The rule of thumb I use is that form elements should verbs on
> them and links
> should have nouns on them.  While this does not always true,
> it's a good
> reference starting point when trying to avoid "click here" links.
>
> -joshua

Also keep in mind that the text in the hyperlink will have more weight than
the other content in the text. Even more weight than a <strong> or <em> if
the link is a different color than the rest of the text. So hyperlinks
should always be coherent by themselves to make it easy for the use to scan.

Dave Nelson