[thelist] UI: i find myself saying "click here" a lot.

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Tue Aug 27 14:58:01 CDT 2002

>One thing I have grown to appreciate lately is <a href="foo">sites that
>use nice long links so they are easier to spot</a>

Studies have found longer links that provide context are better. "Longer"
being defined as somewhere in the 5-7 word range.

I firmly believe in active language and would opt for something along these
lines:

	<a>Download our information sheet</a>
	<a>Contact a sales rep for more information</a>

	<a>Add this item to your shopping cart</a>
	<a>View your shopping cart</a>

I've seen some people gripe about this saying you should use nouns for links
and verbs for form elements, so take it with a grain of salt.

-dave