[thelist] Accepting Credit Cards online

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Wed Aug 28 00:28:01 CDT 2002

Sam Richardson wrote:
> Has anybody had much luck with accepting credit cards online?

Ummm... yes!

> I want to be able to process them, and if it is accepted, add the user to
> database that I am using (MySQL).
>
> Has anybody done this before and can suggest a company to help me with it?

If it matters if they have a local presence (and you consider Australia
'local'), for support and so on, I can recommend Camtech
(http://camtech.com.au). They're based in Adelaide, so they're within
a timezone or 3 of New Zealand. They're fairly large too, and seem
to pretty much know what they're doing.

Though now I look at their site, I notice that my employer is not listed
as one of the "leading dot com names" using their services, given that I
think we're just as big as Greengrocer and Travel (maybe not greengrocer).
Ingrates.

Hope this helps,

Paul Cowan