[thelist] evolt's CMS tutorial - header errors

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Wed Aug 28 06:42:00 CDT 2002

[snip]
has anyone gone through the CMS tutorials on evolt?
I've stumbled at the first hurdle and I can't work out why.

**********
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /home/sites/site34/web/testarea/cms/cmslogin.php:3)
in /home/sites/site34/web/testarea/cms/cmslogin.php on line 52.
**********

and the final line listing (line 52 in this case) is always the line
appropriate for the login level (admin in this case):

**********
52: header("Location: admin.php"); exit;
**********

The problem seems to lie in the cmslogin.php file. I have posted login.php
and
cmslogin.php in plain text for you to see here:
[/snip]

Remove the session_start from line 1 and the HTML comment from line 2 and it
should work fine. The comment is being output and therefore headers have
been sent, precluding the header in line 52 from being sent.

HTH!

Jay (eli)

* Texas PHP Developers Conf  Spring 2003            *
* T Bar M Resort & Conference Center                *
* New Braunfels, Texas                              *
* Contact jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com       *
* Want to present a paper or workshop? Contact now! *