[thelist] CSS question????

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Aug 28 14:23:01 CDT 2002

my take on what matt is asking is different than what anyone has said so
far. i'm basing my notion of what he means on this line from his
email...

> td		{ class: textnormal; }

i take that to mean he wants each and every <td> to have the class
textnormal applied to it so that he *doesn't* have to specify <td
clas="textnormal"> everytime.

why do i think this? well it looks to me like he wants to use the
classes and tags as variables in any programming language. like so...

x = 15
(.textnormal { ..styles.. })

y = x
(td { class: textnormal; })

instead what i think you (matt) are trying to do is...

td {
	font-family: arial;
	font-size: 11px;
	color: #000000;
	text-decoration: none
	}

td.textnormal { ..styles.. }

chris.

p.s. if i am wrong please scold me. and also please take timothy's
advice with the subjects of emails. (CSS question???? is like saying "do
i have a css question????" i don't know, do you?)