[thelist] CDONTS and looping through an array

Ingrid Z evoltlist at rogers.com
Wed Aug 28 14:52:01 CDT 2002

Hello again evolters,

I want to send email notifications of not only the number of pages visited, but the page "names", which are kept in a SQL 2000 table, after a user logs off the site.

The first one is easy...
select count(LinkID) as 'TheCount' from TrackLinkClicks where UserID=

Now, I can get the page names by using this...

SELECT TrackLinks.LinkName FROM TrackLinks INNER JOIN TrackLinkClicks ON TrackLinks.LinkID = TrackLinkClicks.LinkID WHERE TrackLinkClicks.LinkUserID =

Problem is, I want the email generated from the page to 'nicely' display the list, as well as general information.
So my question is this - Should I use an array to capture the Page Names, then loop through it again in my CDONTS subject?

For example, I have this part...

'loop through the results, and put the names in an array
 Dim holder(20)
 i = 0
 DO WHILE NOT rstemp.eof

  holder(i) = rstemp("LinkName")
  i = i + 1

 rstemp.MoveNext
 Loop

So I think I have the Page Names in my array... now how to display it? And am I on the right track?
Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,
Ingrid