[thelist] Create tables on Local MySql

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Thu Aug 29 09:37:01 CDT 2002

[snip]
I have just run a query on win98 Mysql DB (the one I am having problems
connecting to!!) as I would normally do on an online server and it kicked
out
the error below the query? Something is wrong and I haven't the foggist

CREATE TABLE CartItems (
UserID VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL,
ItemID VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL,
ItemQuantity INT(4) NOT NULL,
Date VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL,
CartItemsID BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
PRIMARY KEY (CartItemsID)
);
[/snip]

Remove the comma at the end of

CartItemsID BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

Andrew, I hate to say this, but it is time to RTFM and STFW.
http://www.php.net and http://www.mysql.com have excellent documentation on
all that you are doing. It's not that we don't want to help, but it seems
that you are not even trying to solve the problems by doing research other
than sending questions to the list. Also, both php.net and mysql.com host
mailing lists which you may wish to subscribe to.

Nothing personal bro' HTH!

Jay

* EVERYONE SUBSCRIBED TO ANY LIST SHOULD READ          *
* Ask smart questions:                                 *
* http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html *
* Top Questions on php-general;                        *
* (Answers can be found by RTFM, STFW, or STFA,        *
* save for #3 and #6 which can probably be found       *
* the same way, since they are usually one of the      *
* other questions on this list.)                       *
* 1. How can I make file uploads work?                 *
* 2. How come my form will not pass variables?         *
* 3. HELP! HELP! Please HELP!                          *
* 4. Register_Globals ?!?                              *
* 5. Is there a function to ... [insert thought here]? *
* 6. Anyone see the error in this code?                *