[thelist] Dynamic Artwork...

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Thu Aug 29 11:10:01 CDT 2002

> Jay Blanchard wrote:
> > [snip]
> > I've got an interesting problem that I was hoping you could help me
> > out with. I'm tasked with color coding state maps' counties based on
> > specific statistical data. I can create the stand alone maps with
> > color coded counties just fine. Is there a way to automate the
> > coloring process? based on data from any database?
> > [/snip]

Mmmh, I saw somewhere a tool that lets people believe they do live colouring
on a cartoon character with Flash.

I'm wondering if you wouldn't be best served by a flash file with passed
params.
For instance : worldmap.swf?europe=25&asia=36&northamerica=12 etc?

Then catch the values of the variables and colour the layers accordingly.

Just a passing thought,
s t e f