[thelist] Browser Stats

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 29 23:39:01 CDT 2002

> From: "Duncan O'Neill" <dbaxo at ihug.co.nz>
>
> aardvark,
>
> enjoying reading your opinions on this thread. Hoping
> that this doesn't tread close to commercial sensitivity,
> but I wondered how often, if at all, you are able to
> use CSS as a *layout* tool for clients' sites?

for client sites, never yet... i've wanted to, i've tried to, but
ultimately never... too many of their users (or, more accurately,
owners) use older browsers, and with all the bugs and hacks necessary
to get around them, i'm still pumping out tabled designs...

there is one site in development that is CSS-P, but it's a promo site
for a local UT competition we run (although i think we're switching
to Q3)... i'm doing that because i know the people who play the
games, i now their machines are hoss, and i do know what browsers
they use...

but alas, not live yet...

--
Read the evolt.org case study