[thelist] Tip: Self-testing- Lynx on PC

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Aug 30 08:31:01 CDT 2002

Friday, August 30, 2002, 8:41:18 AM, you wrote:

> re-ordering divs isn't as easy as it sounds, frank
> yeah, it's a piece of pie if you're positioning absolutely
> but the z-man and others who use float couldn't do it

But it needn't be difficult. Even if you're positioning
relatively, there will most often be a logical structure.

I'm really making the transition from understanding
structure from a theoretical standpoint to a practicable
one.

Unless one is going for DHTML ultra-complex sites, I'm
starting to understand that thinking ahead a little, and
keeping things simple is often the best way to go.

The float is a matter of presentation, where it lies in the
document is a matter of structure. It's like math, the
better the mathematician, the more elegant the equation.

Mind you, I believe that the purpose of HTML is to transmit
information, rather than flash (NPI).

--
Frank Marion,
framar at interlog.com