[thelist] Re: php-based search engines

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Mon Sep 2 18:13:00 CDT 2002

On September 02, 2002 at 21:44, Dunstan Orchard wrote:

> > Having pointed out the above, my personal vote would easily go to
> > HTDIG.
>
> Groovy, I'll keep that on my list :o)
I would second that motion for HTdig, have tried all the others you've mentioned
as well and it is one of the best/nicest. The latest I'm trying  is
http://www.digitalgenesis.com/software/dgssearch.html and I'm liking it A LOT,
but not sure if it's more than http://www.htdig.org/.
The default set-up takes just a bit of style sheet tweaking to get results that look
and act like Google's. Got all the features you would expect and extremely easy
for anyone to get set up. You can try it at:
http://www.markgroen.com/dgssearch/index.php  I haven't set up which
directories to include/exclude, (everything in there at the moment), so you'll get a
lot of returns on the blog archives, but it will give you an idea. Oh yeah, it's PHP
of course.

Cheers,

         Mark