[thelist] Netscape 6.2 problem

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Sep 3 00:14:08 CDT 2002

At 07:37 PM 30-08-02, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
>I don't believe so. Because there are hundreds of fan sites for
>dedicated to MJ and these site produce Michael Jackson's lyrics without
>any license. Why don't we ask Michael Jackson about it?

No need to ask him. The lyrics ARE copyrighted, and you DO need permission
to reproduce them, legally speaking. Just because there are other sites
doing it doesn't mean it's permissible under the law.

One of the largest lyrics sites on the Net, www.lyrics.ch had a long legal
battle with the music industry, and they had to shut down. Just FYI.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy