[thelist] SMTP Apache

Rob Wilson robw at enigma-interactive.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 03:10:01 CDT 2002

>Hi Rich here is a snippet of the code (smtp.php), I think the error is
>attributed to the config?  This is the same machine (win98) I have only
just
>installed Apache and php?

Have a look in your php.ini ... from memory there's a line in there where
you define your SMTP server you wish to use.  Unless you have one running on
your PC (unlikely under 98) then it's going to fall over when trying to send
a mail (which I'm guessing you're trying to do).  You'll need to change that
line to point to an SMTP server you can send mail through.

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = <my outgoing mail server>

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = me at localhost.com

N.B. unless you have an "always on" connection you'll need to be online for
this to work if you point it to a mail server outside your network.

Rob