[thelist] copycat/squatting of domain name

James S. Huggins (Evolt) Evolt at ZName.com
Wed Sep 4 08:13:00 CDT 2002

===========================
:I suspect it wouldn't be cheap to sue someone in Tadjikistan

Actually the extension is .tk Tokelau -> link to world top domain
extensions - http://www.norid.no/domenenavnbaser/domreg.html
===========================

>From http://my.dot.tk/vc001100a1.html

1. INTRODUCTION. This Customer Agreement (this "Agreement") is made between
Dot TK, Taloha, Inc., a Delaware Corporation ("Dot TK", "Taloha", "we" or
"us") and you

[snip]

14.6 Applicable Law; Venue. This Agreement shall be construed and
interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California and the
federal laws of the United States applicable therein without reference to
conflicts of law principles. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any
legal action brought with respect to this Agreement and the interpretation
or making of it, shall be the state courts of the State of California for
the County of San Francisco or the United States District Court for the
Northern District of California, and we both submit to the exclusive
jurisdiction and venue of such courts for such purposes.

[snip]

James S. Huggins