[thelist] Explorer "progress" bar

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Wed Sep 4 09:55:01 CDT 2002

>This little progress bar, however, is not working for us on IE6.  Pages are
>40%.

I noticed a similar problem the other day, loading
http://www.atg.aum.edu/ilt.html from home. It's a frame-based page, and as I
was having a lot of network congestion on my cable modem it first loaded the
top frame and waited for the bottom two frames to load. The browser tried to
lock up on me while it loaded, and the status bar said it was "Done" even
though the bottom frameset was blank. A few seconds later the bottom framed
content appeared. The animated status bar finished and the "Done" label
appeared after the top frame was loaded, but did not wait for the remainder
of the framed content.

This was IE6/XPHome. I'm thinking this is a bug in IE6.

-dave