[thelist] IE 5.2.2 / Mac OS X Jaguar

dogfood lists at kaipahl.de
Wed Sep 4 10:24:01 CDT 2002

Mark Howells wrote:
> I've installed Jaguar over the past day or so and it comes with IE
> 5.2.2. Works like a dream and the rendering engine, while different
> from the previous OS, makes most sites look quite yummy.
>
> However, I keep coming up against an irritating problem -- when I check
> the "Web Proxy" settings box off, it doesn't always remain unchecked.
> Any ideas on what might be causing this problem?

perhaps something that should be set in the macOS X systempreferences ->
network-panel?

had similar experience with FTP-client interarchy and the "passive mode" box
in OS X 10.1. settings in the interarchy-preferences were ignored, but
check/uncheck the box in the systempreference/network-panel did the job.
quite irritating.

bye
kai

--