[thelist] CF: Request for Opinion

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Sep 6 10:55:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Morgan Kelsey" <morgan at morgankelsey.com>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 10:47 AM

> but for static data like company info that's not likely to change -- a
> certain, notorious, cf-evolter has gotten me into putting these sorts of
> things into local structures, in the Application.cfm template.
> something like:
>
> <cfscript>
> app = StructNew();

While I agree with the above statement (I know the notorious cf-evolter as
well), I do not necessarily agree that it should be in the application.cfm
file.  Perhaps a better option would be to put the declaration in its own
file and include that file into application.cfm with a cfinclude.  The
primary reason being that you could then recreate the included file (let's
call it, properties.cfm) without having to worry about wading through
application.cfm, which might also do some other functions.  If you have a
query from the database that you want to save, you could dynamically
generate the entire properties.cfm file without too much effort.

-joshua