[thelist] Force browser to download file

michael ensor edc at wnc.quik.co.nz
Fri Sep 6 10:58:01 CDT 2002

Kevin,

I personally get very annoyed if I go to a site on the basis of the search
engine or a 'blurb' that I have come across, and then find that I cannot
access the information on the site BUT have to download a PDF document .
which in turn is tedious to page through and deal with.

As to MS Word, I will never download anything off the web which contains
anything from MS  word = BASIC SECURITY [ sorry for  shouting ]

Yes I totally agree with what you say, but maybe I misinterpreted the
original use of the word 'force'.

>From the tenor of the question  and the reference to "Word" I had assumed
that the original query was  not about an offer but something like an onload
event

Well it will not be the first time I have something wrong from this time
zone ( GMT +12.00 hours)

AND: yes I know there are more than the two examples you gave.

I am afraid to think about them, I might mention them one day to some
marketing idiot who will take them as the latest and greatest.
PS: Cannot wait for CSS2 to be more supported