[thelist] cookies in Perl

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Fri Sep 6 11:48:01 CDT 2002

Guys,

Colleague of mine is a bit stumped and I thought I'd ask the list for some
help. He's trying to set a cookie in perl, using this approach

$cookie_jar->set_cookie($version, $key, $val, $path, $domain, $port,
$path_spec, $secure, $maxage, $discard, \%rest)

(referenced at http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.0/lib/HTTP/Cookies.html)

But he doesn't know what the first three variables are about. That is,
$version, $key and $val.

All the documentation has to say is
"The set_cookie() method updates the state of the $cookie_jar. The $key,
$val, $domain, $port and $path arguments are strings. The $path_spec,
$secure, $discard arguments are boolean values."

Could anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks.
-marc