[thelist] CF: Request for Opinion

Aaron Johnson ajlist at mindseye.com
Fri Sep 6 15:40:01 CDT 2002

> This sort of thing I'm already doing. I find it interesting
> how in the long run, that many people choose the same
> methodologies. Guess we find the best solution according to
> the nature of the tool.
 -- *cough*.. 'design patterns':
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=design+patterns

I picked up the book that is supposed to be (from what I've heard) the
authority on Design Patterns on Amazon
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201633612/) a couple days ago.
It's abstract, and much of it may not apply to your work if spend your
time as a designer (meaning interface, not software), but fascinating.
So you're right on Frank, in the long run, software developers commonly
use the same principles/solutions to solve problems.  The faster we come
to the realization that the problems we face on a daily basis have been
solved umpteen times by others, the faster we can get our own work done
by not trying to recreate the wheel. Evolt is a wonderful process (of
many) by which many of us find those solutions.

AJ