[thelist] css and multiple links

evolt at david.us-lot.org evolt at david.us-lot.org
Sat Sep 7 10:43:01 CDT 2002

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 11:58:24PM -0700, Roger Harness wrote:

> a.navbar:link {color: aquamarine; text-decoration: none ;}
> a.navbar:active { color: FFFFFF; text-decoration: none ; font-weight:bold}
> etc.
>
> but I can't seem to to wrap all my custom links in a div or span. To be
> honest, i dont even know which one to use, but i can't get neither to work.
> Is this not a do-able thing? Do I have to put my class="navbar" in each
> anchor tag??

a.navbar:link means "An achor with a class of 'navbar' and a
psudo-class of 'link'. However the link isn't a member of that class,
the <div> is. So use...

div.navbar a:link, which means "An anchor of psudo-class 'link' that
is a decendant of a div of class 'navbar'".

http://david.us-lot.org/www-hover.php might be of interest.

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
HTML email is a bit like using coloured paper and glitter ink on a CV.