[thelist] High I'm new to the list, need good CSS reference

Simon Willison simon at incutio.com
Sat Sep 7 15:54:01 CDT 2002

At 15:30 07/09/2002 -0400, Chris Hinkle wrote:
>My question:  Can anyone recomend the most extensive and complete CSS
>reference/resource that would teach me ALL of CSS and what I can with
>it,  written for a more technically-oriented audience,  and not
>an "intro to making 'internet websites' tutorial".

Form your mail it sounds like you are most interested in learning to use
CSS to lay out websites. I thoroughly recommend "Cascading Style Sheets:
Separating Content from Presentation" by Owen Briggs et al (published by
glasshaus). It has pretty much everything you could want to know about
using CSS to lay out sites including a great deal of information on getting
things to work in multiple browsers. It's written for a people who are
competent with HTML and want to take things a step further.

Hope that helps,

Simon Willison

--
Web Developer, www.incutio.com