[thelist] sending email with php

Pablo Oliva poliva at cox.net
Sat Sep 7 16:41:01 CDT 2002

Well, this is the error that I am receiving, leading me to believe that
I am having problems with the SMTP servers. I tried both my ISP
smtp.west.cox.net and my personal webhosting company www.qecept.com for
my SMTP settings in the php.ini file. Neither work, is it that both not
permit this or am I doing something wrong. So I imagine that this has
something to do with the SMTP server. I am running Apache on a Windows
machine, is there a mail server, free hopefully, that I could setup???

Warning: Failed to Connect in
c:\apache\htdocs\jotr\scripts\processcompsignup.php on line 43
NOT Sent

Line 43:
if ( mail( $to, $subject, $message ) ) { print 'Sent'; }
else { print 'NOT Sent'; }